Fajita on a Stick
1-1/4 lb. boneless top sirloin steak, cut 1" thick
1/3 cup prepared Italian dressing
3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 medium green or red bell peppers, quartered
2 medium onions, sliced
8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
1. Soak eight 9" bamboo skewers in enough water to cover 10 minutes; drain.
2. Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak crosswise into 1/2" thick strips. Thread
an equal amount of beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer.
3. In a small bowl, combine dressing and lime juice, mixing well; brush onto
beef, peppers and onions.
4. Place vegetables on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill peppers,
uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes and onions 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning
both once. Approximately 10 minutes before vegetables are done, move vegetables
to outer edge of grid. Place beef in center of grid; grill 8 to 10 minutes for
medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
5. Season beef with salt, as desired; remove beef from skewers. Serve beef and
vegetables in tortillas with salsa. Makes 4 servings