Fried Chicken Drummettes
1 gallon vegetable oil suitable for frying
5 dozen chicken drummettes (the meaty part of the chicken wing only )
For seasoning the chicken
2 Tbsp. seasoned salt
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. garlic pepper blend
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to season the chicken.
2. Let stand in the refrigerator covered for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat the oil in an 8-quart pot over medium high heat to 300 degrees. Do not
For breading the chicken
• 2 Tbsp. paprika
• 1 Tsp. cayenne
• 4 Tbsp. seasoned salt
• 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. onion powder
• 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 tsp. garlic pepper
• 1 1/2 cups flour
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Toss 10 drummettes at a time with the breading mixture. Pat off excess.
3. Toss into hot oil . Fry for 7 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Toss occasionally with either tongs or a "spider," a wood or metal tool with
thin wire mesh at the bottom, to brown evenly.
5. When ready drain on paper towel and let cool at least 8 minutes. Continue
frying in batches of 10 until all the drummettes are finished. Serve with french