The Chocolate Inn contains all
chocolate recipes. Try one today!
Chewy Chocolate Cookies
1 1/4 cups (2½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs
and vanilla, and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving about 2
inches between them; bake cookies no longer than 8 to 9 minutes. Remove cookies
from oven; they will be puffy. Allow the cookies to sit for 1 or 2 minutes on
the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. The
cookies will flatten out as they cool.
Makes about 5 dozen.