The Chocolate Inn contains all
chocolate recipes. Try one today!
Chocolate Chip Chiffon Cake
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
7 Eggs yolks
3/4 cup Cold water
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup Egg whites
1/2 tsp. Cream of tartar
3 oz. Unsweetened chocolate - grated
6 tbsp. Cocoa
6 tbsp. Hot Coffee
6 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cup Confectioners' sugar
1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Make a well and add in order: vegetable oil, egg yolks, water and vanilla.
3. Whip egg whites until stiff.
4. Fold yolk mixture into whites.
5. Fold chocolate in last.
6. Put into angel food cake pan and bake at 350F until done, about 50-60
7. Mocha frosting: Combine cocoa and coffee, then add butter and vanilla.
8. Add sugar gradually until correct consistency.