The Chocolate Inn contains all
chocolate recipes. Try one today!
Chocolate Cola Cake
18 1/4 oz. Devil's food cake mix
16 oz. bottle Coke
3 oz. chocolate chips
12 each Ripe strawberries
1/2 cup butter
16 oz. Confectioners' sugar
3 tbsp. powdered chocolate drink mix
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350, grease a 9 x 13 pan. Prepare cake mix as directed on
package, using 1 1/3 cups of cola in place of water.
2. Pour prepared cake mix into pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted in middle comes out clean.
3. Invert cake onto wire rack.
4. Cool completely.
5. Slice cake through middle with a bread knife.
6. Beat butter in a large bowl, at medium speed until light and fluffy.
7. Gradually add confectioners sugar and chocolate drink mix. Add remaining 1/3
8. Mix well.
9. Spread half the frosting on cake.
10. Place remaining half of cake on top. Spread remaining frosting over top.
Melt chocolate chips in sauce pan over low heat and dip strawberries to halfway.
11. Cool in refrigerator, then place one on each piece of cake.
12. Makes 12 servings.