The Chocolate Inn contains all
chocolate recipes. Try one today!
Chocolate Ice Box Cake
1/2 lb German sweet chocolate
3 tbsp. Boiling water
1 cup powdered sugar.
2 Eggs yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Beaten egg whites
1 pint Cream; whipped
3/4 Of an angel food cake
1. (mix can be used) melt chocolate and boiling water together, remove from
stove and add cup of powdered sugar and 2 egg yolks, beaten.
2. Add vanilla, egg whites beaten moderately stiff, and fold in whipped cream.
3. Break angel food cake into irregular pieces.
4. Place half the cake bits in a pan, cover with half the chocolate custard.
5. Add remaining cake, and cover generously with remaining chocolate.
6. Chill twelve hours, or overnight, in refrigerator.