The Chocolate Inn contains all
chocolate recipes. Try one today!
Chocolate Nut Upside-Down Cake
tbsp. butter Or margarine
1/4 cup Brown sugar
2/3 cup Light corn syrup
2/3 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Walnuts; coarse chop
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, soft
1 1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs, separated
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup Milk
1. Melt 2 tb butter in small saucepan; stir in brown sugar.
2. Heat until bubbly.
3. Stir in corn syrup and cream; heat, stirring constantly, just to boiling.
4. Add nuts.
5. Pour into a well greased 10 bundt pan. Set aside while preparing cake.
6. Preheat oven to 350.
7. Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
8. Mix butter and sugar until well combined.
9. Add egg yolks, melted chocolate and vanilla; mix well.
10. Add flour mix alternately with milk.
11. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into cake.
12. Spoon over nut mixture in pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until tested done.
13. Cool 15 minutes then remove from pan.