The Chocolate Inn contains all
chocolate recipes. Try one today!
Chocolate Orange Peel Cake
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup Orange juice
1/4 cup water
1 pk Devil's food cake mix
1 cup Sour cream
1 pk Instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Coffee liqueur
2 tbsp. Fresh grated orange peel
1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
12 oz. chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine sugar, butter, orange juice, and water in heavy
2. Stir over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
3. Increase heat and boil 2 minutes and cool completely.
4. Grease and dust with cocoa a 10 cup bundt pan. Beat cake mix and add in sour
cream, pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, liqueur, orange peel, and
cinnamon and beat well.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake approximately 1 hour.
7. Check with inserted toothpick.
8. It should have a few moist crumbs attached when checked in the middle.
9. Immediately spoon sugar and butter mixture over cake in pan. Let cake stand
10. Turn cake out onto platter and cool completely.
11. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve.
12. *If you don't want to use alcohol in this recipe, substitute with strong
coffee or coffee flavoring.