The Chocolate Inn contains all
chocolate recipes. Try one today!
Diabetic Chocolate Cake
margarine -- at room temperature
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute -- at room temperature
liquid sugar substitute equal to 1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cup Cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup Instant dry milk
1/3 cup Cocoa
1 cup water - at room temperature
1. Cream together margarine and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg substitute, sweetener, and vanilla to creamed mixture and beat at
medium speed for 1/2 minute.
3. Stir together flour, baking powder, dry milk, and cocoa to blend.
4. Add 1 cup water to creamed mixture along with flour mixture and mix at medium
speed only until smooth.
5. Spread evenly in a 9 inch square pan that has be en greased with margarine.
6. Bake at 350 degree F. for 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out
clean and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool to room
temperature and cut 4 x 4 to yield 16 equal servings.
7. Food Exchange per serving: 1 BREAD EXCHANGE + 2 FAT EXCHANGES; CAL: 157 CHO:
16gm; PRO: 3gm; FAT: 9gm LOW-SODIUM DIETS: Use salt-free margarine and
low-sodium baking powder.
Source: From the New Diabetic Cookbook by Mabel Cavaiani