The Chocolate Inn contains all
chocolate recipes. Try one today!
Lowfat Chocolate Cake
3 tbsp. butter Or margarine
1/2 cup Sugar
1 each Eggs
1 1/4 cup buttermilk, non-fat
1/4 cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cup flour, unbleached, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly coat an 8-inch round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. With an electric mixer cream the margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl.
4. Beat in the egg. Stir in the buttermilk.
5. Set the bowl aside.
6. In a large bowl, combine the cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and
flour, and mix together well.
7. Add the creamed margarine-buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients in one
8. Stir until the dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
10. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out dry. Remove from the
pan and let cool on a rack.