Weight Watchers Ginger Pot Stickers
3 cups finely shredded cabbage
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon citrus-seasoned soy sauce or light soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
4 green onions with tops, finely chopped
1/4 pound ground chicken breast, cooked and drained
24 wonton wrappers, at room temperature
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1. Steam cabbage 5 minutes, then cool to room temperature. Squeeze out any
excess moisture; set aside.
2. To prepare filling, combine egg white, soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper,
ginger and green onions in large bowl; blend well. Stir in cabbage and chicken.
3. To prepare pot stickers, place 1 tablespoon filling in center of 1 wonton
wrapper. Gather edges around filling, pressing firmly at top to seal. Repeat
with remaining wrappers and filling. Place pot stickers on large baking sheet
dusted with cornstarch. Refrigerate 1 hour or until cold.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare sauce, combine remaining ingredients except oil in
small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
5. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pot stickers and cook
until bottoms are golden brown. Pour sauce over top. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
Uncover and cook until all liquid is absorbed. Serve warm on tray as finger food
or on small plates with chopsticks as first course.
Makes 8 servings.
per 3 pot stickers Calories...111 Fat...2 g Carbs...16 g Sodium...303mg
WW Points: 2.2 pt.