Lemonade Chicken Wings
2 tablespoons butter
2 shallots or ˝ medium onion, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
˝ cup Newman's Own Old Fashioned Roadside Virgin Lemonade (or your favorite)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
10 - 12 chicken wings
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. To make the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat the oil and butter over medium
heat until the butter is melted. Add the shallots and rosemary, and cook for 2 -
3. Add the lemonade, pepper, and salt. Simmer over low heat for 6 - 8 minutes,
until slightly reduced and syrupy. Set aside to cool.
4. To cook the chicken: Cut each chicken wing into 3 parts. Cut the wings apart
at the joints with a heavy-duty kitchen scissors or use a sharp knife with a
stiff blade, inserting the blade between the bones to cut the joint apart. Throw
away the wing tips, which don't have much meat on them.
5. Place the wing pieces in a shallow ovenproof pan or dish and coat well with
6. Bake until the skin is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Makes 20 - 24 pieces.