The saute pan is an indispensable item in every family. We can use it for cooking food easy, convenient, and anti-sticky. Saute pans are usually durable, very hard to scratch, have excellent heat resistance and easy cleaning for pans.
It can be said that the saute pan is a versatile product in cooking many different dishes such as fried, sauteed, grilled without fear that the food will be sticky or broken. Food cooked in saute pans will not absorb metal when cooking in high temperatures, ensuring health for users.
Nowadays, various kinds of saute pans are made from many different materials, from cheap to expensive ones with high durability. This issue can make you wonder which is the best saute pan for your needs.
Therefore, in this article, I would like to help you discover the best saute pans and suggest the top 15 best saute pans in 2022. I will also give you the detailed characteristics of the saute pans from the material, size to weight and durability.
After reading this review, I believe that you will find the best saute pans that can make you feel comfortable.
Table of Contents
Material Classification Of Saute Pans
To easily pick out the best saute pans, you need to be knowledgeable about its types. Material is a direct determinant of the durability of saute pans and safety for users. Saute pans on the market today are usually made from the primary materials such as:
The saute pans made of stainless steel can be used on many different cookers. This type is also safe in the oven with high temperatures. High-class saute pans made from stainless steel usually have an extremely durable coating and are safe for health.
This type of saute pan is often cast by solid aluminum. Therefore, the anodized-aluminum pan has a very thick bottom, even heat, holds heat for a long time and is extremely durable. Saute pans made from anodized aluminum can be used for induction cookers, gas stoves, infrared stoves, and oven safe.
This is probably the type of saute pan that does not contain toxic lead or cadmium. Ceramic is the safest anti-stick substance used for saute pans.
Not only has the tremendous anti-stick ability, but stoneware sautes pans also have excellent scratch resistance when cleaning. Mainly using this type of saute pan, we can save the grease by only half the amount of grease used in other pans when sauteing.
Best Saute Pan Comparison Chart 2022
The below table is a summary of the best saute pans in 2022. You can refer to their general features before going to the specific reviews.
|Best Saute Pans||Dimensions||Size||Material||Color|
|All-Clad 3-Quart Stainless Steel Saute Pan - Best Overall||21 x 11.3 x 2 inches||3-Quart||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|T-Fal 6-Quart Copper Ceramic Saute Pan - Best Budget||20.5 x 11.5 x 4 inches||6-Quart||Ceramic||Brown|
|Calphalon 5-Quart With Lid - Best Stainless Steel||23.23 x 15.16 x 8.66 inches||5-Quart||Heavy-gauge aluminized steel||Brown|
|GreenPan Valencia Pro Hard-Anodized - Best Ceramic||5.71 x 5 x 5 inches||4.5-Quart||Ceramic||Black|
|Anolon Advanced 5 Quart Hard-Anodized - Best Nonstick||21.5 x 14 x 4.5 inches||5-Quart||Hard-Anodized aluminum||Gray|
|Le Creuset 4-1/4-Quart Nonstick - Best High-Sided||19.90 x 11.40 x 4.90 inches||4.5-Quart||Aluminum||Black|
|Cuisinart Chef's Classic Stainless Saute Pan - Best for Large Family||23.2 x 11.8 x 4.5 inches||5.5-Quart||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Ozeri All-in-One Stone Earth - Best Stoneware||21 x 12 x 5 inches||4.5-Quart||Stoneware||Coconut Brown, Granite Gray or Lava Black|
|Cuisinart 433-30H Contour Stainless - Best 5-Quart||22.76 x 12.32 x 5 inches||5-Quart||Stainless steel||Silver|
|Tramontina Tri-Ply Clad Covered Deep - Best 6-Quart||21.56 x 11.94 x 5.69 inches||6-Quart||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Stainless Steel - Best 11-Inch||21 x 11.5 x 3.5 inches||5-Quart||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Woll Diamond Lite Open 11-Inch Sauté Pan||2.60 x 11.00 x 2.60 inches||11-Inch||Aluminum with diamond crystals||Black|
|Cuisinart MultiClad 3-1/2-Quart Saute Pan||19.61 x 10.43 x 4.53 inches||3.5-Quart||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Emeril Lagasse 5-Quart Stainless Steel||12.6 x 21.06 x 5.32 inches||5-Quart||Stainless steel||Silver|
|Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick Saute Pan||26.25 x 11 x 6.5 inches||5-Quart||Hard-Anodized aluminum||Gray|
Which Are The Best Saute Pans To Buy?
Let’s take a look at the best saute pans in 2022 to find out which is the most impressive!
- Best Overall – All-Clad 3-Quart Stainless Steel Saute Pan
“Uniform heat distribution, ultimate cooking versatility, optimal material, constructed to last.”
- Best Budget – T-Fal 6-Quart Copper Ceramic Saute Pan
“Affordable price, large capacity, safe material, unique design, persistent with time.”
- Best Stainless Steel – Calphalon 5-Quart With Lid
“Optimized structure, fast heating, high performance, comfortable to use.”
- Best Ceramic – GreenPan Valencia Pro Hard-Anodized
“Durable material, outstanding resistance, unique texture, elegant design.”
- Best Nonstick – Anolon Advanced 5 Quart Hard-Anodized
“High performance, anti-stick, nutrients locking, easy to handle.”
- Best High-Sided – Le Creuset 4-1/4-Quart Nonstick
“Excellent heat resistant, non-stick surface, corrosion resistance, eye-catching design.”
- Best for Large Family – Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Saute Pan
“Impressive heat spread, professional performance, easy to manipulate, luxurious appearance, large capacity.”
- Best Stoneware – Ozeri All-in-One Stone Earth
“Environment-friendly, non-toxic, natural anti-stick, scratch-resistant, heat resistant.”
- Best 5-Quart – Cuisinart 433-30H Contour Stainless
“Enormous capacity, strong performance, extremely flexible, durable material, heat extremely.”
- Best 6-Quart – Tramontina Tri-Ply Clad Covered Deep
“High-grade tri-ply structure, large capacity, affordable price, nonstick.”
- Best 11-Inch – Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Stainless Steel
“Outstanding durability, quick heat distribution, scratch-resistant, comfortable, easy to use.”
Top 15 Best Saute Pan Reviews 2022
Are you impatient to determine your best saute pans? The reliable options below will provide you with enough information to find the most suitable one for you.
1. All-Clad 3-Quart Stainless Steel Saute Pan
All-Clad 3-quart Stainless Steel Saute Pan is made of 18/10 magnetic stainless steel, which is effective against sticking and warping.
With the aluminum core combined with iron-clad, this saute pan can keep the temperature well, and conduct heat evenly to bring delicious food after sauteing.
Besides, the pan lid is also made of stainless steel, which means you can assuredly put this whole pan into the dishwasher or oven.
All-Clad 3-quart Stainless Steel Saute Pan has a relatively right height, and the sides are vertical, so don’t be afraid of splashing grease. This pan’s size is also suitable for average families.
Thanks to a 3-layer construction with reliable materials, this is the best 3-quart saute pan that deserves the top quality.
- Great for sauteing, searing, browning
- Suitable for all induction and traditional cookers
- Safe in oven, microwave, fridge, and freezer
- Safe up to 500ºF
|Dimensions||21 x 11.3 x 2 inches|
- 3-ply bonded construction for uniform heat distribution
- Optimal stainless steel material
- Marked capacity available on the bottom
- Dishwasher safe
- Suitable as wedding gifts or housewarming gifts
- Heavy, hard to manipulate the handle
- High price but no guarantee or refund policy
Check out this informative Youtube video:
2. T-Fal 6-Quart Copper Ceramic Saute Pan
T-Fal 6-Quart Copper Ceramic Saute Pan is environment-friendly with ceramic coating. This coating completely ensures no harmful substances such as PTFE, PFOA, cadmium, and lead. Due to the durable ceramic coating, this saute pan has a superior scratch and stick-resistance.
Besides, the core is made of heavy aluminum, which is very durable and heat-resistant. This pan also has a huge capacity of up to 6-quarts, suitable for large families or large groups of friends.
More impressive, this ceramic pan has a unique square shape, plus a glass lid with vents and stainless steel handle.
Undoubtedly, T-Fal 6-Quart Copper Ceramic Saute Pan is the best budget saute pan ever.
- Cooking surface reaches 700ºF
- Oven safe to 350ºF, broiler safe
- 6-Quart cooking capacity
- Suitable for all types of cooker
- Free from PTFE, PFOA, cadmium, and lead
|Dimensions||20.5 x 11.5 x 4 inches|
|Service||1-year warranty (repair/refund)|
- Safe material, environment-friendly
- Huge capacity
- Persistent with time
- Anti-stick, anti-dirty, anti-scratch
- Luxurious and unique design
- The lid’s handle is very hot while cooking
Watch this video before buying this saute pan:
3. Calphalon 5-Quart With Lid
(Best Stainless Steel)
With an intelligent three-layer design, Calphalon 5-Quart Stainless Steel Saute Pan With Lid combines aluminum and stainless steel, helping to saute the food evenly thanks to its high performance and even heat distribution.
In particular, the pan surface is flat and wide, and the height is high enough for the air to circulate well and still prevent splashing.
Calphalon 5-Quart Stainless Steel has a classic, eye-catching design, with a polished stainless steel exterior.
Besides, this saute pan has a long stainless steel handle that doesn’t get hot when cooking on the stove, and a sturdy tempered glass lid.
- The optimized 3-layer metal structure
- Suitable for sauteing, searing, browning
- Oven safety up to 450ºF
- Compatible with all cookers’ surface
|Dimensions||23.23 x 15.16 x 8.66 inches|
- Fast heating, high performance and durability
- The handle is always kept cool
- Tempered glass lid does not break
- Comfortable washing in the dishwasher
- Can be used on induction cookers, gas, electricity and glass
- Slightly large and heavy
- The bottom may curve over time
4. GreenPan Valencia Pro Hard-Anodized
This is an absolutely safe pan with ceramic nonstick coating Thermolon Minerals Pro, reinforced with diamonds, ensuring no PFOS, PFOA, lead or cadmium. Even when it is too hot, GreenPan Valencia Pro Hard-Anodized Ceramic Saute Pan still does not release toxic substances.
The induction base is suitable on all kitchen surfaces, including touch. Hard-Anodized aluminum body assures scratch-proof and warping for a long time.
The glass lid makes it easy to follow the cooking process, giving it a luxurious look. Besides, the stainless steel handle is always cool when cooking thanks to the exclusive V-shaped cut line.
- Safe in oven and broiler up to 600ºF
- Safety lid with oven up to 425ºF
- Suitable for all kitchen surfaces including induction
- No PFOS, PFOA, lead or cadmium
|Dimensions||5.71 x 5 x 5 inches|
|Color||Black with crystal lid|
- Anti-scratch, anti-warping thanks to tough material
- Outstanding durability and resistance thanks to the unique texture
- Elegant design, easy to follow the cooking process thanks to the glass lid
- Balance heat spread
- Easy cleaning with dishwasher
- The lid handle is hot
- Anti-sticking ability decreases with time
Watch this video to find out more: GreenPan Valencia Ceramic Saute Pan
5. Anolon Advanced 5 Quart Hard-Anodized
Anolon Advanced 5 Quart Nonstick Saute Pan has a spacious capacity of up to 5 quarts. Made of hard-anodized aluminum, this saute pan is exceptionally durable.
The luxurious design with the non-stick Teflon coating both inside and outside ensures easier food release and easier washing. The pan will also look like new for a long time.
Besides, Anolon Advanced 5 Quart Nonstick Saute Pan has a dome-shaped toughened glass lid that breaks in high temperatures.
More surprising, the Anolon SureGrip handle made of synthetic rubber has two studs to help you feel comfortable and comfortable to use.
- High performance at medium temperatures
- Locks moisture and nutrients when cooking
- Oven safe to 400ºF
|Dimensions||21.5 x 14 x 4.5 inches|
- Cook food evenly
- Outstanding anti-stick
- Durable material with time
- Easy to handle with a handy handle
- Unsafe pan with dishwasher
- Can not put in the oven at a high temperature
Check this video to see how to use this saute pan:
6. Le Creuset 4-1/4-Quart Nonstick
This is exactly the best high-sided saute pan, suitable for those who do not like to cook at very high temperatures.
Produced through a hot-forging process, the core and coating of this pan have a strong bond, which helps them withstand heat and heat thoroughly.
The unique nonstick layer extends over the sides and even the base plate on the bottom of this pan. Therefore, you just need to wipe it quickly with paper towels to make the pan clean.
Le Creuset 4-1/4-Quart Nonstick Saute Pan is ideal for both individuals and families. The flat, high-profile design makes it possible to use it for various purposes: saute vegetables, minced meat, and more.
- Heat resistant up to 500ºF
- Safety tempered glass lid in the oven 325ºF
- Durable anodized aluminum core
|Dimensions||19.90 x 11.40 x 4.90 inches|
- Conducts heat quickly and evenly
- The non-stick surface does not contain harmful substances
- Stainless steel structure, absolute corrosion resistance
- Ergonomic handle, eye-catching design
- Very heavy
7. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Saute Pan
(Best for Large Family)
Comes from a trusted brand, Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Saute Pan is one of the most fabulous pans.
This saute pan has a capacity of 5.5 liters suitable for large meals. It is made from durable stainless steel to give food a natural taste. It also has the ability to distribute heat superior, help food cook quickly.
The pan looks fabulous by polished like a mirror. The rim of the pan is perfectly designed to pour food without dripping.
The tight lid makes the pan even more complete, locking in flavor and moisture. The main handle and helper handle are also in stainless steel, always cool during cooking.
- Ideal for classic cooking techniques
- Outstanding heat spread eliminates hot spots
- Professional performance
- Dishwasher safe
|Dimensions||23.2 x 11.8 x 4.5 inches|
- Very light and easy to manipulate
- Large capacity for large families
- Eye-catching, luxurious appearance
- The thin rim helps to pour food without dripping
- Lids tightly lock flavors and nutrients
- May warp after a period of use
8. Ozeri All-in-One Stone Earth
(Best Stoneware Saute Pan)
If you love natural products, then Ozeri All-in-One Stone Earth Saute Pan is precisely for you. This pan is environment-friendly, with a stoneware coating that does not contain APEO, PFBS, GenX, PFOS, PFOA and other toxic chemicals.
Ozeri All-in-One Stone Earth Saute Pan also has a multi-layered aluminum core that conducts heat very well and maintains the heat, helping the delicious saute ripen.
More amazing, this stoneware saute pan is equipped with a magnetized base for fast heat transfer, and quick-cooking.
Besides, it is resistant to sticking and scratching naturally. In particular, you will have up to three color choices: Coconut Brown, Granite Gray or Lava Black.
Also, the handle design is silicone heat-resistant safety while having machined glass lid with drainage vents and heat-resistant knob.
With a capacity of 5 liters (5.3-quart), Ozeri All-in-One Stone Earth Saute Pan is suitable for families of about six members.
- Suitable to use on induction cookers
- Effective anti-stick with stoneware
- Heat resistant handle, sealed tempered glass lid
- Free from APEO, PFBS, GenX, PFOS, PFOA, etc.
|Dimensions||21 x 12 x 5 inches|
|Color||Coconut Brown, Granite Gray or Lava Black|
- Huge capacity suitable for large families
- Stoneware material is safe and environment-friendly
- Three beautiful color options
- Natural anti-stick and scratch-resistant
- The edge of the lid may scratch the pan
Video link for your best reference: Ozeri All-in-One Stone Earth Saute Pan
9. Cuisinart 433-30H Contour Stainless
Made of premium stainless steel and pure aluminum-encapsulated base, Cuisinart 433-30H Stainless 5-Quart Saute Pan can heat extremely fast and evenly distribute heat for consistent results, and no reaction to food.
This saute pan comes with a stainless steel rim tempered glass lid, which can be used in the oven.
Besides, its handle is made of stainless steel, very solid when there are more rivets.
Attractive design with a fitted glass lid that locks moisture and flavor when cooking. Durable glass for long-lasting performance.
- Oven safe up to 500ºF
- Glass lid oven safe up to 350ºF
- Broiler safe, freezer safe, dishwasher safe
|Dimensions||22.76 x 12.32 x 5 inches|
- Strong performance, long-lasting
- Comfortable grip
- Extremely flexible and safe
- Outstanding durable material
- The handle of the glass lid gets hot while cooking
10. Tramontina Tri-Ply Clad Covered Deep
High-grade tri-ply structure in 18/10 stainless steel, aluminum core and magnetic stainless steel give you a durable, sturdy saute pan with excellent thermal conductivity.
Besides, Tramontina 6-Quart Stainless Steel Saute Pan has a substantial capacity of up to 6-quarts, making it extremely suitable for preparing food for large groups of friends or families.
The cast handle and the sleek stainless steel lid give it an eye-catching appearance. In addition, the lid makes it also safe to use in the oven.
In particular, Tramontina 6-Quart Tri-Ply Clad Stainless Steel Saute Pan is NSF certified; There is a lifetime warranty for you to rest assured purchase.
Best of all, the pan has superior features similar to other pans, but the price is extremely affordable. Do not hesitate to experience this best 6-quart saute pan!
- Compatible with all types of cookers including induction
- Oven safety up to 500ºF / 260ºC
- Dishwasher safe
|Dimensions||21.56 x 11.94 x 5.69 inches|
- A huge capacity for large families
- Metal lid and handy handles to safety use in the oven
- Can be used anywhere because it is compatible with all types of pans
- The price is extremely affordable
- Easily distorted when impacted
11. Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Stainless Steel
Cooks Standard 11-Inch Multi-Ply Stainless Steel Saute Pan has a double-layer construction with an aluminum core for fast and uniform heat spread, and 18/10 stainless steel for outstanding durability.
Pans with flat surfaces have a cooking capacity of up to 5 quarts, ensuring a large family ration. Straight and thin sides make it easy to pour food out after cooking.
In addition, a lid helps lock nutrients, moisture during cooking. The handle comes with firm rivets.
Cooks Standard 11-Inch Multi-Ply Stainless Steel Saute Pan is also safe in the dishwasher and oven.
- Suitable with a variety of cookers such as electricity, induction, gas, glass, ceramic, etc.
- Oven safe to 500ºF
- Dishwasher safe
|Dimensions||21 x 11.5 x 3.5 inches|
- Distributes heat quickly and evenly
- Large scratch-resistant surface
- Comfortable and easy to use handles
- Very affordable price
- Heavy and difficult to control
- The base can warp within a short time
12. Woll Diamond Lite Open 11-Inch Sauté Pan
This is a unique hand-molded saute pan, with the super-hard non-stick coating containing diamond crystals and nanoparticles. This coating ensures nonstick ability and optimal scratch resistance. Moreover, it is absolutely safe without PFOA.
Diamond crystals help the pan heat up four times faster than copper, combined with aluminum, to provide excellent thermal conductivity.
Besides, the edges’ design is anti-shock and easy to manipulate when pouring food on a disc. The molded handle with a brass insert is firmly attached, safe to use.
Woll Diamond Lite Open 11-Inch Sauté Pan is the best 11-inch saute pan you should try.
- Impressive anti-sticking ability with diamond crystals
- Oven safe to 500ºF, glass lid oven safe to 480ºF
- Dishwasher safe
|Dimensions||2.60 x 11.00 x 2.60 inches|
|Material||Aluminum with diamond crystals|
- The hand-cast process ensures high quality and durability
- Superior diamond crystals for extremely high efficiency
- Super hard, anti-scratch and anti-warping
- Ergonomic, efficient lid and handle
- The anti-sticking ability may fade after 6 months
13. Cuisinart MultiClad 3-1/2-Quart Saute Pan
The three-layer aluminum structure between two stainless steel layers ensures heat is evenly distributed at both the bottom and the edge of the pan, limiting the heat to a single point.
Besides, the stainless steel handle has rivets for extra durability, making sure not to heat during cooking. The tapered rim’s design also makes it easy to remove food without pouring.
>Furthermore, the stainless steel lid ensures a tight lid, which helps preserve nutrients, moisture and flavor when cooking. It can be said that Cuisinart MultiClad 3-1/2-Quart Saute Pan is the best lidded saute pan.
- Oven safe to 550ºF, broiler safe
- Suitable for use with induction cooks
- Lock up nutrients and good moisture
|Dimensions||19.61 x 10.43 x 4.53 inches|
- The handle keeps cool during cooking
- Robust construction and materials for many years
- The tightly sealed lid ensures complete nutrition
- Design slim anti-drip rim
- The bottom is not very flat
14. Emeril Lagasse 5-Quart Stainless Steel
Emeril Lagasse 5-Quart Stainless Steel is an ideal saute pan to cook for large families due to its large capacity.
The encapsulated aluminum base ensures quick heating. The magnetic stainless steel material is not only suitable for all types of cookers but also safe with temperatures up to 550ºF in the oven.
The handle is also machined in stainless steel with rivets that are easy to move without worry. Medium glass lid helps lock the moisture well during cooking, exceptionally safe with the oven.
- The cooking surface heats up quickly
- Suitable for use on all kitchen surfaces, including induction
- Safe oven with temperatures up to 550ºF and 350ºF with lid
- Integrated dispensers and handy measuring unit marking
- Dishwasher safe
|Dimensions||12.6 x 21.06 x 5.32 inches|
- Large capacity, fast heat
- High quality, very durable and rugged
- Smooth stainless steel handle
- Effortless cleaning
- Pretty heavy
- The handle of the lid gets hot
15. Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick Saute Pan
Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Unique Nonstick Saute Pan with oval design fits on your cookers.
Hard-Anodized aluminum provides a solid structure. Adding a super-strong and durable non-stick coating, Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick Saute Pan helps you quickly release food after cooking and wash the pan easily.
This saute pan has an eye-catching orange rubber handle, very smooth when cooking. It comes with a break-resistant glass lid, which keeps the taste and moisture very good. Handles and pan lids are both safe with the oven.
- Oven safe to 350ºF
- Dishwasher safe
|Dimensions||26.25 x 11 x 6.5 inches|
|Color||Gray with Orange Handles|
- Unique fancy oval
- Spacious size for many meals
- Very good anti-sticking
- Works well and durable
- Warped over time
- The handle is discolored when used in the oven
Things To Consider When Selecting A Saute Pan
Here are some valuable factors to help you understand your needs before deciding which is the best suitable saute pans:
Capacity And Weight
Depending on the number of family members, you should choose a saute pan with appropriate capacity. Currently, there are many sizes and sizes of saute pans to choose in the market.
Besides, weight is also a factor to consider. The heavyweight saute pans will be more durable and better, but in the process of using, you must use more strength to move the pan and food inside.
Saute pans are made of many different materials. To choose the right pan, you need to understand the characteristics of each material. So please consult carefully to choose the right type of pan to suit your needs.
Saute pans using aluminum alloy metal material, stainless steel, cast aluminum will often be more durable.
Using aluminum saute pans at high temperatures can cause food to absorb metal, so be sure to choose a pan with an excellent anti-stick coating. Stainless steel saute pan conducts heat well and is safe for health.
Products of unknown origin seek significant risks to your family’s health. Therefore, you should only buy saute pans of reputable brands. Currently there are some reliable saute pan brands such as:
- All-Clad: has been long established in the US market since 1967. Its founder, John Ulam is a brilliant metallurgist who created the remarkable metal formula. All-Clad’s pans are extremely professional and meticulous.
- T-fal: promises to bring you comfort through dedicated products and services so you can enjoy delicious and healthy food. Currently, T-fal is present in more than 120 countries.
- Cuisinart: committs to produce innovative products with top functionality and quality. Cuisinart has won many respectable awards throughout the years, including the Gold Hermes Award, the Good Design Awards, and the Gold Summit International Award.
Type Of Suitable Cookers
If you are using an induction, of course, you must choose a compatible saute pan with induction heat (IH). Similarly, if you are using a gas stove, you cannot use a saute pan, which is not compatible with gas.
Ideally, you should buy a saute pan that is compatible with as many cookers as possible.
My Top Pick
After all, have you found your best saute pan? For me, T-Fal 6-Quart Copper Ceramic Saute Pan the most.
The first reason is that I am very passionate about items with environment-friendly materials. This pan is the best because the natural ceramic coating is extremely safe for health.
Secondly, T-fal Saute Pan has an affordable price, suitable for everyone. The quality is undisputed, and the volume is also enormous.
How about you? Do not hesitate to share your thoughts in the comment section!