If you are a cocoa lover or looking for the main ingredient to make a special chocolate cake, my best cocoa powder reviews will be the perfect place to find information. With only a few minutes of reading, you can be confident with this powder knowledge.
Cocoa powder helps you have delicious hot chocolate, but it also provides energy and healthy nutrients. Especially for the pure cocoa powder, you can also use it to make a healthy weight loss but still satisfy the appetite.
In addition to the typical products I list below, I also provide additional information on ingredients and how to choose pure cocoa powder. Thus, you will not be confused when shopping at the store or online.
Table of Contents
- Benefits Of Cocoa Powder For Your Health
- The Best Cocoa Powder Brands On The Market
- Which Are The Best Cocoa Powders?
- Best Cocoa Powder Comparison Chart 2020
- Top 15 Best Cocoa Powder Reviews 2020 - New Updated
- Compare Cocoa Power With Cacao Powder, Hot Chocolate, And Dark Chocolate
- How To Choose The Best Cocoa Powder
- My Top Pick
Benefits Of Cocoa Powder For Your Health
Cocoa powder has been widely used and trusted as it contains essential substances for your body. You can refer to the following 11 benefits that cocoa brings to your health:
High In Polyphenols With Many Safety Benefits
Polyphenols are a natural antioxidant that you can find in foods like vegetables, fruits, tea, alcohol, and chocolate. It also works to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and better regulate blood flow, improve blood sugar.
- Top 12 Best Milkshake Makers For The Money 2020
- Top 15 Best Slow Cookers For The Money 2020
- Top 15 Best Burger Press in 2020 (Reviews & Buying Guide)
- Top 15 Best Philips Air Fryers for the Money with Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Whipped Cream Dispenser Reviews in 2020
- Top 15 Best Cookie Presses On The Market 2020
- Top 15 Best Rotary Cheese Graters For Your Kitchen 2020
- Top 14 Best Pizza Stones On The Market 2020
One of the most significant sources which contain polyphenols is cocoa powder. It has a substantial effect on anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. However, the polyphenol content in cocoa powder may decrease when processing it into the chocolate and other dishes.
Reduce High Blood Pressure
Cocoa can reduce high blood pressure (both cocoa in powder and dark chocolate form). It is because flavanols in cocoa regulate blood nitric oxide levels, thereby improving blood vessel function and lowering blood pressure.
Up to 30 to 1,218 mg of flavanols in cocoa, and on average, it can reduce blood pressure by about two mmHg. Compared to people who do not have the disease, it is more effective in people with high blood pressure, and it will work better in the elderly than the young.
Reduce The Chance Of Stroke And Heart Attack
Another benefit is that it reduces the amount of bad cholesterol in the blood, and dilutes the blood, regulating and reducing inflammation in blood sugar. All of these functions are associated with a reduced risk of heart attack, heart attack (stroke), and heart failure.
If you consume a large amount of cocoa every day, the likelihood of heart disease can occur, but the mortality rate is very low. On the contrary, you know how to use it properly, in moderate doses, you will receive the health benefits that it brings.
Improve Blood Flow In Your Brain
Cocoa contains polyphenols, substances that improve brain function and blood flow, thereby reducing the risk of neurodegenerative diseases? On the other hand, flavanols also affect nitric oxide production, which relaxes the blood vessel muscles that supply your brain.
If you use flavanol-containing cocoa every day, it will help improve mental performance, especially in people with mental impairment. Flavanols in cocoa also can support the production of nerve cells, brain functions, and prevent age-related brain degeneration.
Boost Mood And Depressive Symptoms
Cocoa can improve calmness and reduce stress levels, which positively affects mood and depressive symptoms. That's because the flavanols in cocoa convert tryptophan into serotonin, which stabilizes your mood, lowers its caffeine content, or makes you happy.
If you drink chocolate regularly, this will help reduce stress, fatigue, and at the same time, improve your mood, especially for pregnant women. Eating chocolate is also associated with the process of improving overall health and improving psychological well-being.
Boost Type 2 Diabetes Signs
Flavanols can slow down the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates, regulate insulin secretion, and stimulate the intake of sugar from the blood to the muscles. If cocoa contains a more significant amount of flavanols, it will reduce more the risk of type 2 diabetes.
If you eat dark chocolate or flavanol-rich cocoa, it will help control blood sugar levels, and reduce inflammation in diabetics, even in those who do not. Therefore, they all have a more positive impact on health in preventing and controlling diabetes.
Support In Weight Control
You will be surprised to hear that cocoa is effective in weight loss; it helps regulate energy use, reduces cravings, increases fat oxidation, and promotes fullness. Eating chocolate more often may help lower your BMI than if you fast.
You can eat dark chocolate (about 42 grams) per day, and then your weight will drop faster than on a regular diet. However, it would help if you distinguished between the types of chocolate consumed since white and milk chocolate will not benefit from losing weight.
Resistance To Cancer
Among all foods, cocoa has the highest flavanols, and it contributes significantly to the number of nutrients in your diet. It also has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, reducing cell growth, damaging and preventing the spread of cancer cells.
Cocoa flavanols should be added to your daily diet to reduce the risk of cancer. Also, cocoa is considered a powerful antioxidant and may prevent cancer disease. However, some studies have not yet proven this, so you also need to think carefully.
Aid Asthma Sufferers
Cocoa has some benefits for people living with asthma, as it contains anti-asthma compounds like Theobromine and Theophylline. Similar to caffeine, Theobromine treat long-lasting cough; Theophylline helps reduce inflammation and relaxes the lungs along with your airways.
In addition, the cocoa extract has the ability to reduce airway spasm and tissue thickness, but these conclusions have not been clinically tested. Therefore, there are no firm conclusions about whether cocoa is safe to use with other asthma medications.
Beneficial For Your Teeth And Skin
Cocoa can have a positive effect on your dental health because it contains many compounds that have antibacterial, anti-enzyme, and immune-stimulating properties. However, there has been no significant research on the benefits of cocoa on human teeth.
You should not be confused that the cocoa in chocolate is the cause of acne because polyphenols in cocoa will bring significant benefits to your skin. Thus, take a cocoa supplement every day to protect your skin UV rays, help blood circulation on the skin.
Simple To Have In Your Diet
The exact amount of cocoa you include in your diet to achieve health benefits is unclear (recommended 2.5 grams of high flavanols or 10 grams of dark chocolate. High flavanol), which is at least around 200 mg of flavanols every day to achieve cardiovascular health benefits.
I will give you some cues when adding cocoa to your diet, such as hot/cold cocoa: mix with milk; smoothies: add to your favorite healthy smoothie to create richer chocolate flavor; Vegan chocolate mousse: add butter, cocoa, almond milk, and sweeteners.
The Best Cocoa Powder Brands On The Market
Among the countless brands on the market today, I would like to list the most prestigious and popular brands. Please refer to below to better understand the brand line.
Firstly, I want to tell you about Anthony's brand. As far as I know, its cocoa powder is sourced from South Africa and is 100% organic without sugar. In the process of packaging, the brand adds vitamins and minerals that are good for the body.
A brand with a tradition of up to 150 years is Guittard. This long-standing brand is continuously innovating and providing quality products to the market. Therefore, cocoa powder products are very well received because they are perfect for both beverage making and cooking.
Another brand that I consider to be a formidable competitor is Valrhona. The brand always knows how to create its own place. From modern box packaging design to components to create cacoa products with their flavor, full of sophistication.
Next, if you want to find a mild sweet cocoa flavor compared to the usual bitter tastes, the Hershey brand will be a good fit for what you want. Natural ingredients, a little sweet but still balance health factors. Let's create lots of moments to enjoy this product.
Finally, this Ghirardelli brand is not a bad choice if you intend to put your faith in it. The brand is extremely dedicated to each product to create distinctive cocoa flavors. Aftertaste forever only. Ghirardelli will bring great experiences to your relatives and friends.
Which Are The Best Cocoa Powders?
Here is the best cocoa powder that I have selected for you. The strength of each product will make you extremely satisfied when using it.
- Best Overall - Viva Naturals 2lb Naturals Certified Organic Cocoa Powder
“Taste easy to drink, no need for added sugar, no lumps, and is useful for nutritional supplements.”
- Best Budget - Rodelle Dutch Processed Gourmet Baking Cocoa Powder
“Gourmet cocoa made with alkali to reduce acidity, perfect, and excellent ingredients, made from 100% cocoa.”
- Best for Antioxidants - Healthworks Antioxidant Superfood Cocoa Powder
“Consistent with various meal regimes, ensuring pure organic, pleasant taste is not too bitter, and extremely cheap compared to quality.”
- Best for Chocolate Cake - The Cocoa Trader Black Cocoa Powder
“Use 100% authentic cocoa beans for black cocoa powder, European style cocoa, from neutral brown or light red to intense black, a smooth, mellow, and earthy flavor.”
- Best for Weight Loss - NOW Foods Unsweetened Organic Cocoa Powder
“Easily dissolves flavors, creates good cocoa smells, no added sugar or preservatives, and is suitable for diet.”
- Best for Diabetics - Scharffen Berger Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
“Natural sugarless cocoa powder, made from whole and perennial roasted beans, is perfect for gourmet deserts, 6-Ounce Canisters (Pack of 2).”
- Best for Brownies - Hershey’s Cocoa Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
“Pure products, famous brands, excellent quality, complete dissolution, and suitable as a gift.”
- Best for Drinking - Valrhona 8.8 oz. Pure Cocoa Powder
“Delicate taste, unsweetened flour, very pure and robust flavor, ideal for making truffles, mousse, and hot chocolate, keep in a cool.”
- Best for Health Benefits - Guittard Chocolate Rouge Cocoa Powder
“High nutritional content, suitable materials for making cakes, and a low price.”
- Best for High Blood Pressure - Ghirardelli Unsweetened, 8 oz Cocoa Powder
“Cocoa ingredients with kosher, great for any need of baking chocolate chip biscuits, brownies, muffins or cakes, of sustainable origin, premium cocoa powder.”
- Best for Keto Diet - Terrasoul Superfoods Organic For Keto Cocoa Powder
“A slightly different flavor but still delicious, a delight texture, and suitable organic cocoa for diet.”
- Best for Baking - Callebaut Medium Brown Pure Cocoa Powder
“The best Belgian chocolate, made from the finest ingredients, lovely reddish-brown and robust flavor, beans from regions of Africa, Asia, can easily be mixed into the dough.”
- Best for Nutrition - Anthony's Organic Non GMO Cocoa Powder
“Delicious processed organic cocoa, beautifully packaged, suitable for making a fairly basic chewy/fudgy cocoa brownie recipe, and can be used as a gift.”
- Best for Oatmeal - Navitas 8oz. Organics Cocoa Powder
“Made from unbaked and cold-pressed organic, Fairtrade cocoa beans are of good quality, helping your body to thrive, delicious, deep chocolate flavor.”
- Best for Skin - Pure Natural Miracles Organic Raw Cocoa Powder
“The wonderful product contains many nutrients, especially for acne, and has a great taste.”
Best Cocoa Powder Comparison Chart 2020
I have outlined the main features of the 15 best cocoa powder in the table below. You can rely on it to compare products with each other and find the one that best suits you.
|Best Cocoa Powders||Item Weight||Capacity||Number of pack||Origin|
|Viva Naturals 2lb Naturals Certified Organic Cocoa Powder - Best Overall||2 pounds||2 lb||1 Pack||Peru|
|Rodelle Dutch Processed Gourmet Baking Cocoa Powder - Best Budget||1.56 pounds||25 oz||1 Pack||USA|
|Healthworks Antioxidant Superfood Cocoa Powder - Best for Antioxidants||15.2 ounces||16 ounces||1 Pack||USA|
|The Cocoa Trader Black Cocoa Powder - Best for Chocolate Cake||1.1 pounds||1 lb||1 Pack||USA|
|NOW Foods Unsweetened Organic Cocoa Powder - Best for Weight Loss||12 ounces||12 oz||1 Pack||USA|
|Scharffen Berger Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - Best for Diabetics||15.2 ounces||6 oz||2 Packs||USA|
|Hershey’s Cocoa Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - Best for Brownies||1.4 pounds||23 oz||1 Pack||USA|
|Valrhona 8.8 oz. Pure Cocoa Powder - Best for Drinking||9.6 ounces||8.8 oz||1 Pack||France|
|Guittard Chocolate Rouge Cocoa Powder - Best for Health Benefits||8 ounces||8 oz||1 Pack||USA|
|Ghirardelli Unsweetened, 8 oz Cocoa Powder - Best for High Blood Pressure||8 ounces||8 oz||1 Pack||USA|
|Terrasoul Superfoods Organic For Keto Cocoa Powder - Best for Keto Diet||1 pound||16 oz||1 Pack||Peru|
|Callebaut Medium Brown Pure Cocoa Powder - Best for Baking||2.2 pounds||2.21 lb||1 Pack||Belgium|
|Anthony's Organic Non GMO Cocoa Powder - Best for Nutrition||2 pounds||2 lb||1Pack||USA|
|Navitas 8oz. Organics Cocoa Powder - Best for Oatmeal||8 ounces||8 oz||1 Pack||Peru|
|Pure Natural Miracles Organic Raw Cocoa Powder - Best for Skin||1.05 pounds||1 lb||1 Pack||Ecuador|
Top 15 Best Cocoa Powder Reviews 2020 - New Updated
If there are a lot of things you do not know about top 15 best cocoa powder, do not be worried. Below I have summarized the main information and characteristics of each product. Let’s see it!
1. Viva Naturals 2lb Naturals Certified Organic Cocoa Powder
Out of all the cocoa I have ever used, Viva cocoa powder is considered to be the best quality variant of all cocoa, it is made from Crioche cocoa nuts, which gives you a delicate chocolate taste despite its lack of going traditional bitter taste.
You can prepare your favorite foods from this type of cocoa powder such as baked brownie, chocolate biscuits, or you can also enjoy its bold flavor with a cup of hot cocoa in the early morning. Also, you can add some cocoa powder to your smoothie to give it a smooth flavor.
In particular, this cocoa powder will not disappoint you because it is natural and unprocessed cocoa, so the essential nutrients (calcium, iron, magnesium, protein, and fiber) in cocoa will not lose. It also has antioxidant capabilities, helping to bring beauty to your skin.
- A rich taste and bold cocoa flavor, no sugar, no additives
- Derived from high-quality Crioche cocoa
- Enhance antioxidants – improve skin problems
- Certified organic, unrefined, non-GMO
- Store calcium, iron, fiber, magnesium, and protein
|Ingredients||Organic cocoa powder|
|Use for||Smoothie, Coffee and Drink Mixes|
- Clean cocoa taste – no bitterness
- Not settle to the bottom of the cup
- Pure cocoa – Can use for losing weight
- Excellent support in relaxing the body
- Suitable to combine with every breakfast
- Not suitable for baking
2. Rodelle Dutch Processed Gourmet Baking Cocoa Powder
Products made with alkali to reduce the acidity of baking cocoa and help create perfect pieces of baked goods. Ingredients in the product are 100% cocoa without gluten. It can be said that this is the ideal ingredient to create diverse dishes for your family.
This is the highest level of cocoa on the market today and has a superior chocolate flavor you will not forget. With this cocoa, you can try many different flavors. In addition to baked brownies, hot cocoa, you can also make additives in smoothies, salty foods, drinks, etc.
If you're a wise consumer, you'll be quite satisfied with the size of this product, and the keyed bag helps ensure that nutrients aren't lost. In particular, the price of it will surprise you, just over 7 dollars. You will save your costs there.
- Made from 100% cocoa
- Rich taste
- Gourmet cocoa made with alkali to reduce acidity
- It guaranteed superior taste
|Ingredients||Cocoa Processed with Alkali|
|Use for||Hot cocoa and fudgy brownies|
- Pure, smooth chocolate flavor
- Reasonable price
- More quality and quantity than other products
- Rich, fantastic taste, and high quality
- Cocoa powder in plastic bags is not recyclable
- When you open plastic bags for the first time, cocoa might explode everywhere
3. Healthworks Antioxidant Superfood Cocoa Powder
(Best for Antioxidants)
Farmers harvested cocoa at the Healthworks farm, and then they grind them into a fine powder carefully, named Healthworks Antioxidant Superfood Cocoa Powder. Theobromine in this product provides a substance similar to caffeine, which allows you to be more energetic.
It contains a high content of nutrients (zinc, iron, copper, magnesium, low in carbohydrates, and no sugar) that help replenish nutrients for your body and antioxidants that help improve your skin. This cocoa powder is very suitable for dieters, vegetarians, and keto dieters.
You can combine this cocoa powder with drinks like cereals, smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt, coffee, or additive to baked goods: snacks, cakes, and cookies. I believe that with a rich chocolate flavor, it will be a perfect addition to your daily desserts and meals.
- Cocoa harvested by hand – carefully ground into a fine powder
- No GMO, certified organic
- Vegan foods – perfect for smoothies
- Contains no sugar and no additives
- 100% refund in 30 days if not satisfied
|Ingredients||Cocoa Processed with Alkali|
|Use for||Smoothies, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, baked goods, baking cookies, ice-cream, coffee, snack foods|
- Suitable for vegetarian, keto, paleo, clean eating, wellness, etc.
- A hint of hot chocolate flavor and super delicious
- The absorption of antioxidants from raw cocoa
- Not have a bitter aftertaste – a nice cocoa flavor
- Cannot beat the price for the quality
- Glass jars should be stored for more extended storage
- Have some small lumps – challenging to stir into hot chocolate
4. The Cocoa Trader Black Cocoa Powder
(Best for Chocolate Cake)
The Cocoa Trader Black Cocoa Powder is black cocoa made from 100% natural cocoa beans. The suppliers changed the appearance of it into a European style that is somewhat different from the others, and they neutralized the pH to create a mild flavor.
If you want to make chocolate cakes, this would be the right choice because of its color and flavor. You can also combine black cocoa powder and brown cocoa to make your cakes. Also, it dissolves easily in hot liquids, so you have a cup of cocoa for yourself quickly.
Black cocoa powder contains many antioxidant-rich nutrients, rich in flavonoids, vitamins, and minerals (magnesium, potassium, iron, and calcium). With this cocoa powder, you have not to worry about gaining weight because it is healthy and safe for your health.
- Use 100% authentic cocoa beans for black cocoa powder
- Neutral brown or light red to durable black
- A smooth, mellow, earthy flavor
- European cocoa style
- Contains many minerals like iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium
|Ingredients||Cocoa Processed with Alkali|
|Minerals included||Iron, potassium, magnesium, and calcium|
|Use for||Brownies, cookies, cakes, and smoothies|
|Brand||The Cocoa Trader|
- Easily soluble in hot liquid
- Combine with favorite dishes to increase the taste
- Very rich in flavonoids
- Contain antioxidants and vitamins
- The flavor is probably not robust
- The color is too black, which might affecting the color of the cake
5. NOW Foods Unsweetened Organic Cocoa Powder
(Best for Weight Loss)
NOW cocoa powder is certified as an organic product and contains no water, no sugar, salt, starch, gluten, milk, or preservatives. It is entirely pure and natural cocoa. This cocoa powder is probably the best option for those who like cocoa but still want to lose weight.
Another feature of this powder is that it rich in Polyphenols, which are antioxidants, have many health benefits, and can lower blood pressure. It not only gives you a fit body but also helps you to have good health. The result is fantastic.
I will suggest some ways to make dishes from this cocoa. You can use two teaspoons of cocoa into a cup, combine with one teaspoon of unprocessed sugar, and add a little salt. You can also add 1 cup of hot soy milk (or rice milk) and stir the mixture until smooth.
- Certified Organic – the standards of natural and pure
- Naturally rich in Polyphenols
- No fat, sugar, and preservatives
- Vegan and gluten-free products
|Ingredients||Organic Cocoa Powder|
|Use for||Hot chocolate|
- Tastes rich and amazing
- Used it for everything from hot cocoa to cakes, etc.
- Suitable for diet formulas
- Do not have to add sugar to have a delicious drink
- Easy to mix – very smooth consistency
- Contains toxic heavy metals like cadmium and lead
- Might adding sugar if you want to drink sweet
6. Scharffen Berger Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
(Best for Diabetics)
I would like to suggest that you should try the Scharffen Berger Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. I am impressed by the product that has a fascinating dark chocolate flavor. The noted point is suitable for people with diabetes because the sugar ingredient in this is 0%.
To have an expected cocoa powder like that, surely the stages are incredibly tight and strict. As I learned, the brand had to hand-pick cocoa beans that met the ripeness, color, and size standards. After roasting, they are blended, followed by grinding and finally pressing.
You can use this product flexibly that depends on your preferences and creativity. Using to make hot or cold drinks with milk (if necessary) is also perfect, or add it to make cakes is not too bad. Let this cocoa powder bring extra aftertaste in daily meals.
- Natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- Made from a whole and long-lasting roasted beans
- 100% pure cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate flavor
- Cocoa beans are well fermented from the tropics around the equator
|Use for||Desserts and chocolate|
- Perfect for creamy desserts
- Hot chocolate for gourmet
- Great when mixing hot or cold cocoa with milk every morning
- The taste will be better when combined with barbecue
- Highly acidic maybe not suitable for some people
7. Hershey’s Cocoa Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
(Best for Brownies)
Next, the Hershey’s Cocoa Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder will extend in this list. I like the design color, and the box looks firm to preserve the powder better. And you will also have the flexibility to use it to make drinks, make a dessert such as brownies, cupcakes, cookies, etc.
The 100% natural product still meets your requirements, no unsweetened, no gluten. I realized that this cocoa powder is light flavor. If you are keen on a little dark chocolate flavor, maybe add to mix with some dark cocoa. That increases more feeling.
Moreover, the back of the box is extremely useful information for you to understand the product better. I like the way the manufacturer adds the recipe with very detailed instructions. You can refer to and consider following that.
- Multipurpose powder – used for many formulations
- A kosher and gluten-free cocoa powder
- Comes with box – can be sealed
- Weighs 23 ounces – a naturally occurring, sugar-free, unleaded ingredient
- Perfect for beverage and baking making
- No issue with mixing – absorb water easily
- Can use to make guilt-free snacks
- Good for lowering blood pressure
- The taste can be quite bitter
- The quite high price
8. Valrhona 8.8 oz. Pure Cocoa Powder
(Best for Drinking)
One more popular product on the market today is the Valrhona 8.8 oz. Pure Cocoa Powder. As the name on the label, this powder is completely natural, with no sugar, so you can quickly feel the purity and intensity of it. If you are a connoisseur of cocoa, it will be the right choice.
In my opinion, the powder's mahogany color attracts my eyes by a little red and dark. It brings a pleasantly warm feeling. The powder is smooth and does not clump. The product is packed carefully and meticulously to preserve well without any mold or any risk.
You should note the storage box for more extended use. Take care to place in a cool, dry location around 60.8/64.4 °F (16/18 °C). You can enjoy cocoa becomes more comfortable and more convenient. Let it accompany you in the cooking recipe.
- Fine powder, no sugar
- The taste is very pure and potent
- Keep in a cool, dry place
- Hot red mahogany color
- Boxes made of aluminum and thin paper
|Dry temperature||60.8/64.4 °F|
|Use for||Truffles, mousse, and hot chocolate|
- Rich flavor for a delicious chocolate drink
- Ideal for making truffles and hot chocolate
- Quality products for gourmet
- Great chocolate for desserts
- May arrived with damaged
9. Guittard Chocolate Rouge Cocoa Powder
(Best for Health Benefits)
If you like drinks or dessert related cocoa but still have to ensure the health benefits, the Guittard Chocolate Rouge Cocoa Powder will quickly make you fall in love. Also, it is always considered a must-try product and is quite popular.
This quality cocoa powder is processed in the traditional Dutch style. The color of the red powder is deep, so it must contain many nutritious and intense essences. Combined with other components, it also supports each other a lot.
You can also recognize this as a little bitter cocoa powder. Moreover, it is ideal for baking, and I think you may prefer to use it during cooking rather than for drinks. That is my advice so you can refer.
- Popular products in baking materials
- Contains no sugar, processed by Dutch technology
- Made in a gluten-free and peanut facility
- Has not been FDA evaluated
|Ingredients||Cocoa processed with alkali in the Dutch tradition|
- Cheap cost with excellent quality
- Choose the best cocoa powder to make cakes
- Low-fat content
- Can be used for vegetarians
- May not be suitable for making drinks
10. Ghirardelli Unsweetened, 8 oz Cocoa Powder
(Best for High Blood Pressure)
I always tell myself the health problem is essential, so the choice of the right products should also be considered. Therefore, the Ghirardelli brand always focuses on providing good quality products, and this product is an example of that, especially suitable for high blood pressure cases.
Prefer products with good ingredients, no alkali, no sugar, pure for you to enjoy. The taste will be a bit bitter if you're not a gourmet. I think you should prioritize using it in recipes like cookies, chocolate cakes, cupcakes, mousse cakes, etc.
You should note that the cocoa powder designed to be packed into a zippered bag needs more careful storage than canned products. Everything else in this product is excellent. It also won't be a bad option for you.
- Single-ingredient: cocoa, Kosher
- Cocoa beans are of sustainable origin
- Cocoa without sugar
- Sturdy and robust flavor
- Not alkaline
|Use for||Chocolate chip cookies, and muffins cakes|
- Great for any chocolate chip biscuit baking needs, brownies
- Ghirardelli premium cocoa powder for all your baking creations
- Pair with your favorite smoothie
- The product dissolves and blends very easily
- The texture will be oddly grainy
- The taste may be a little light
11. Terrasoul Superfoods Organic For Keto Cocoa Powder
(Best for Keto Diet)
It is pure cocoa powder and certified as organic, natural, and non-chemical cocoa. This product is a crude, non-GMO, and gluten-free. Thus, it is a suitable choice for vegetarians and vegans, especially those on a keto diet.
Besides, Terrasoul Superfoods Organic For Keto Cocoa Powder also contains antioxidants that help protect cells from harmful effects, improve wrinkles on the skin, and thereby bring to the rejuvenation of your skin.
We can say Terrasoul cocoa powder is high quality and super clean food. At the same time, this is also a good and safe powder, but affordable.
- Terrasoul superfoods raw organic cocoa powder
- Certified organic, non-GMO, earth Kosher
- Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Improving the look of skin
- The freshest and highest quality superfoods
|Certified||USDA and Kosher|
- Provides many health benefits (antioxidant and anti-inflammatory)
- Taste delicious and easy to combine with desserts
- Easy to incorporate the cocoa powder into your recipe without any lumps
- Reduce cravings for dieters
- An excellent price for an organic ingredient
- Feel chalky/dusty even after blending or mixing with hot water
- Easy to spill powder when using because the bag mouth is extensive
12. Callebaut Medium Brown Pure Cocoa Powder
(Best for Baking)
If you're struggling to find a cocoa powder for baking, Callebaut Cocoa is the perfect choice for you. This product is 100% pure cocoa, and you can mix it with frozen products when cooking, as well as add flavor to the dishes.
Callebaut has created the highest-quality cocoa powder with the best ingredients. Its color is reddish-brown and has a rich chocolate flavor. The texture of this powder is very cohesive and dense so that you can mix it with powder or liquid.
If used for cooking purposes, you can use it for baked goods, beverages, savory baked goods. You will be surprised by the unique flavor that it brings, the sweetness, and a bit of sweetness of chocolate, not as sweet as sugar chocolate.
- Made from 100% pure cocoa
- There is a lovely reddish-brown color
- Chocolate flavor solid
- Beans from regions of Africa, Latin America, and Asia offer
- The best Belgian chocolate on the market
- Can be easily mixed into flour and liquid
- Perfect choice for you to create new dishes
- Great colors and textures
- It blends well into cakes, brownies, chocolate, and frosting
- The product may not be as good as Bendorf
13. Anthony's Organic Non GMO Cocoa Powder
(Best for Nutrition)
This cocoa powder originates from South America, and CCOF is recognized as USDA organic cocoa powder and gluten-free, with no preservatives, artificial ingredients, and alkalis, but contain antioxidants. Thus, this is the best choice for best for providing nutrition.
To me, this cocoa guarantees both its quality and deliciousness. Also, you can prepare the perfect dishes from Anthony cocoa for the family to enjoy. I can give you a few suggestions: pies, cookies, or 1 cup of hot cocoa, or add a little to smoothies, oatmeal to taste.
If you're already bored with sweets, try cocoa as an additive to savory items, you won't be disappointed. You can use cocoa to make salty or marinated sauces. It not only gives you a delicious meal but also brings nutritional value to the body, what a great product, isn't it?
- USDA certified – gluten-free, organic product
- Not undergoing alkali process – cocoa is less refined
- No preservatives
- Imported from South America
|Certified||USDA Organic by COF|
- The gentle flavor – an excellent starting point for the picky baker
- Perfect size for the price
- Pleasant scent
- Smooth and no lumps
- May be bland for drinking
If you want to see the product up close and see how well the lump charcoal can burn, you should have a look at this video:
14. Navitas 8oz. Organics Cocoa Powder
(Best for Oatmeal)
The production process of Navitas Organics Cocoa Powder is unburnt, and cold-pressed from Fairtrade organic cocoa. Also, it is a vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO cocoa. Therefore, this is cocoa with the best quality for your health.
Compared to other ordinary cocoa, this product contains more valuable nutrients. With high daily nutritional values such as magnesium: 25%, iron: 10%, fiber: 18%, and 700mg of antioxidants (flavanols) provide you with a complete diet for a healthy body.
The taste is not inferior to other good cocoa. You will feel the aromatic, excellent taste of brown chocolate flavor. The way to prepare cocoa is also effortless, you need to mix cocoa and hot water in the ratio of 1: 1 to have a cup of hot cocoa immediately.
- Made from unbaked organic and cold-pressed
- Rich in nutrients
- Provides 25% DV of magnesium, and 700mg of antioxidants (flavanols) per serving
- No genetic modification
|Ingredients||Certified organic cocoa powder|
|Unsweetened||Smoothies, oatmeal, shakes, hot chocolate, and brownies|
- Help your body thrive
- Delicious, deep chocolate flavor
- Suitable for dieting
- Daily nutritious food
- The product might be less sweet
15. Pure Natural Miracles Organic Raw Cocoa Powder
(Best for Skin)
This product is a natural, pure, unburnt, and alkaline organic cocoa powder. It does not contain additives and unwanted ingredients, giving you a rich flavor and unforgettable taste. This cocoa is a super useful food for aging skin and the ideal choice for your health.
The ideal nutritional ingredient, such as flavonoids to antioxidant, improves your skin's deficiencies, and promotes cell improvement and produces collagen. Besides, the vitamins, minerals, and calcium, magnesium, the protein will provide nutrition and energy for your body.
Not only that, but this cocoa is also a great product in your kitchen. You can make your favorite dishes (cakes, brownies, cookies), or baked goods, or your favorite desserts and drinks (smoothies, coffee, various types of drinks) can process hot or cold cocoa as you like.
- Pure, unsweetened organic cocoa products
- High nutritional content: calcium, fiber, antioxidant flavonoids, protein, etc.
- Use for making drinks or processing a variety of dishes
- 100% warranty
|Ingredients||Raw organic 100% Arriba Criollo cocoa powder|
|Brand||Pure Natural Miracles|
- Improve the beauty of skin, especially for acne
- Helps cardiovascular health
- A pleasant aroma emanates
- Does not cause digestive issues
- Has a good texture and does not clump
- It is a bit overpriced
- Might difficult to get used to unsweetened chocolate
Compare Cocoa Power With Cacao Powder, Hot Chocolate, And Dark Chocolate
Cocoa Powder Vs. Cacao Powder
For cacao powder, its process is fermented beans, and not roasted. Next, the supplier processes it at low temperatures and then grinds it into a fine powder.
On the other hand, the cocoa powder made from fermented beans but undergoes roasting at a much higher temperature and pulverizes it.
Cocoa Powder Vs. Hot Chocolate
Hot cocoa, as its name suggests, is made from cocoa, hot water, milk, and sugar. However, it is not as bold as hot chocolate. The basic of hot chocolate is the melted chocolate combined with milk and warm water.
Cocoa Powder Vs. Dark Chocolate
Cocoa does not mean a less chocolate product, and it usually contains 10 to 12% of cocoa butter. Meanwhile, pure, unsweetened chocolate contains about 55%. Thus, cocoa powder will have more chocolate flavor because it contains more cocoa solids than cocoa butter.
How To Choose The Best Cocoa Powder
Cocoa powder brings many benefits not only for health but also for your skin. If you're wondering how to find the best cocoa powder for you, the following will help:
Purpose Of Usage
There are many different types of cocoa powder. Therefore, before buying the product, you should base on the purpose of use to consider purchasing the most appropriate product.
For example, if you merely want to brew a glass of hot cocoa every morning, most can buy any cocoa powder. If you're going to make baked goods, you can choose to buy Callebaut's cocoa powder.
Cocoa Powder Preservation
To ensure the cocoa powder is not damaged, you should store it in an airtight container and place it in a dry place. If done the way you can use it within two years. You should not put it into the refrigerator since it will be damaged when exposed to a moist environment.
Natural Or Dutch Processed Cocoa
Natural cocoa powder is lighter in color than processed Dutch cocoa powder. Natural cocoa powder is an organic, non-alkaline powder, and Dutch-processed cocoa powder has undergone a process of Dutchification or alkalization.
Low-fat cocoa powders are generally healthier, but those with a high fat content taste a bit better. Baked dishes made from cocoa powder in high quality are often softer and tougher than the other ones.
However, low-fat cocoa powder usually has a higher starch content. If you want a healthier diet, before buying, you should consider the nutritional value of cocoa powder to avoid adversely affecting your diet.
These are some questions involving the product which can clear your wonders. If you have different problems, feel free to leave a comment below!
My Top Pick
All the above sharings are my best cocoa powder reviews that suggest the best choice for yourself. After reading the post, I hope you can choose a suitable product.
One of the best product makes me an impression is Viva Naturals 2lb Naturals Certified Organic Cocoa Powder. It is because this product is the best overall cocoa powder. Now, I can prepare my favorite dishes from it without having to worry about health issues.
I hope my post will be useful to you and I hope you like it. Thank you for reading the article, and leave your comment if you have any wonders. Do not forget to give this post to your friends, please!