The Chocolate Inn contains all
chocolate recipes. Try one today!
Chocolate Candy Bar Cake
3 cup flour
2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup (+ 2 Tbs) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp. Vinegar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup Heavy Cream
6 oz. Semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup Milk chocolate Chips
15 Snack-Size Snickers Candy Bars -- cut in
1/2 cup Peanuts -- chopped
1. 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
3. Whisk in oil, vinegar, 1 tsp vanilla, and 2 cups cold water until well
4. 2. Pour into 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans, dividing evenly.
5. Bake 25 to 28 mins, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out
6. Let cakes cool in pans 15 to 20 mins, then unmold onto racks to cool
7. 3. Meanwhile, in a 2-qt bowl, combine cream, semisweet chocolate chips and
milk chocolate chips.
8. Heat in a microwave on High 1 1/2 to 2 mins, or until melted and smooth when
9. Stir in remaining 1 tsp vanilla.
10. 4. Remove 3/4 cup chocolate mixture and set aside to cool.
11. While remaining mixture is still warm --- but not hot --- add Snickers
pieces and stir until combined (some pieces will remain chunky; some will melt).
12. Set aside to cool.
13. When firm enough to spread, fill stacked cake layers with half of
14. Spread remaining mixture evenly over top of cake.
15. Frost sides with some of reserved 3/4 cup chocolate mixture and spread
remaining chocolate mixture over top of cake.
16. Sprinkle peanuts around top edge of cake to make a border.
17. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.